Streamlining Processes For Autoscrubbing
A reader writes: “In a presentation you gave, you mentioned that it was relatively simple to develop what I think you called Process Cards for autoscrub units as well as other machinery. Could you elaborate?”
Yes, I remember you in the class and hope you benefited from the Cleaning Smart workshop. That was an energetic, involved group. We had a lot of fun. As to the Process Cards I mentioned, consider the following suggestions for developing your own:
1. They should be color coded in a consistent manner. Example: Green = Start, Red = Stop, Blue = Maintenance. You can use as many colors and cards as you deem appropriate.
2. For the Green Card, identify it as Start Up – 6 Steps
a. Unplug battery charger if currently charging
b. Install pad drivers and pads or brushes
c. Verify recovery tank is empty and vacuum shut off is operations
d. Fill solution tank with appropriate chemical. NEVER fill with stripper, acids or anything that might contaminate the tank
e. Conduct any other necessary safety checks based on equipment literature
f. Turn machine on and begin operation
3. Once you have completed the card(s), cut them out, laminate them and after punching a small hole in a corner, use a metal or plastic ring to keep them together.
4. Attach the ring to a spring type cord that will retract when released.
5. You can provide a grease pencil to worker during training phase to allow for checking off each point.
6. If appropriate you can insert icons or photo tags to make the information easier to understand.
The goal is to keep the card still yet complete for anyone regardless of reading skills. You may also be able to acquire similar cards from your equipment vendor.
Your comments and questions are important. I hope to hear from you soon. Until then, keep it clean...
Mickey Crowe has been involved in the industry for over 35 years. He is a trainer, speaker and consultant. You can reach Mickey at 678-314-2171 or CTCG50@comcast.net
TIPS SELECTED FOR YOU
Cleaning Supervision Basics
Better First Impressions Of A Facility
Streamline Cleaning In The Restroom
Top Reasons For Wasted Time And Productivity
Dangers Of Cross Contamination
Concerns With Indoor Air Quality
Advice To Controlling Proper Disposal Of Diapers
Steps in Applying Floor Finish
Urethane Seals Versus Water Based Floor Finishes
Eight Ways To Improve Floor Finishing