Checklist For Professional Janitor Behavior
If your cleaning company doesn’t have any set guidelines for proper, professional behavior, it can lead to some very improper behavior by your staff members.
Following are some suggestions to consider but please realize it is not all inclusive:
1. All cleaning crew staff must have passed a background check.
2. Children and other people are prohibited from access to the building.
3. Staff should be trained in appropriate custodial best practices that include customer relations.
4. A clear check in/out system should be established with periodic surprise visits conducted to verify compliance.
5. Breakage or use of any customer equipment must be reported immediately.
6. Staff should be adequately supervised by a competent management team member.
7. Quality control inspections should be conducted by management.
8. All equipment should be clean and functioning correctly.
9. Mops, rags, etc. must be clean and laundered.
10. Cleaning products should be used correctly and safely.
11. No food, candy dishes or access to the refrigerator or cabinets is allowed unless there is express written permission (an email is acceptable) by the POC (point of contact) and is on a case by case basis.
12. Use of copier, phones or other company resources will be considered a direct violation and service will be terminated immediately.
Facility executives should realize that their costs may go up due to these requirements but their risk of damage and theft should justify any reasonable increase.
Your comments and questions are important. I hope to hear from you soon. Until then, keep it clean...
Mickey Crowe has been involved in the industry for over 35 years. He is a trainer, speaker and consultant. You can reach Mickey at 678-314-2171 or CTCG50@comcast.net
TIPS SELECTED FOR YOU
Cleaning Red Carpet Spills
Embracing Change In The Cleaning Industry
Using Disinfectant Wipes Properly
Dwell Time With Automatic Restroom Fixtures
Cleaning An Asbestos Floor In A School
A Potential Customer Conflict of Interest
Diamond Pads Versus Floor Finish
Servicing Air Freshener Dispensers
Three Skills Building Service Contractors Need
Essential Skills For Bidding A Cleaning Contract