Hand Sanitizer Mislabeled As "Edible Alcohol"
A hand sanitizer is being recalled for being labeled as "EDIBLE ALCOHOL," even during a time where so many have become sick from consumption of the hygienic product.
Local, regional and national news has been riddled with reports of Americans being poisoned by both the accidental and purposeful consumption of hand sanitizer. In incidents involving accidental consumption, the mistake has often been made because people mistake hand sanitizer for food or beverage because of packaging issues. However, CorgioMed LLC made the literal claim that its Leafree Instant Hand Sanitizer with Aloe Vera is edible, reports KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration pointed out that the hand sanitizer is for external use only and discouraged any form of ingestion. CorgioMed LLC went on to issue a voluntary national recall of all of the mislabeled hand sanitizer, according to the FDA.
Those who had already purchased Leafree Hand Sanitizer Aloe Vera are encouraged to throw the product away or return it for disposal. Anyone who has suffered an adverse reaction to the hand sanitizer is encouraged to report the situation to the FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting Program.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.