Teaching Others How To Clean
A few readers have inquired about the possibility of their conducting training sessions and marketing themselves to the local community. We can touch on this topic but there is much to learn about a very satisfying avenue in life. Please consider the following points:
1. Are you qualified as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in your field? This question is not asking do you know everything about a particular subject; rather do you have the experience and knowledge to assist others to learn more?
2. Can you communicate verbally and/or in writing so that others can learn from you? One way of improving your writing and communication skills is to read the various trade publications available. For instance, this article is being published by a company that provides a vast array of published and electronic media that keeps track of trends and news in the industry.
3. Do you enjoy helping others? This is a crucial question simply because most successful trainers/consultants seem to have a passion for their particular field and it is obvious in their approach to the subject.
4. Are you recognized as a SME in your field? Do others come to you for assistance with challenges they are facing?
5. Are you willing to invest the time and resources (usually without compensation at first) to establish a reputation within the industry? This may mean joining and supporting associations and groups that cannot pay for your services but can give you valuable exposure.
6. Do you participate in Blogs and other websites related to your interests?
7. Have you checked with your local distributors to determine the interest in a subject that you could train or write about?
We will continue on this topic in the next article. Your comments and questions are important.
I hope to hear from you soon. Until then, keep it clean…..
Mickey Crowe has been involved in the industry for over 35 years. He is a trainer, speaker and consultant. You can reach Mickey at 678.314.2171 or CTCG50@comcast.net.