Pricing Carpet And Window Cleaning
A reader asks:“Can you give me a price range for carpet cleaning and window cleaning?”
I am uncomfortable with even giving you a range on these topics since there are a lot of variables that can affect the price including who is doing the work?I do not have enough information.Are you paying a crew and covering them with wages, insurance, etc?If so, realize that most insurance carriers have a much higher rate for window cleaning than regular custodial.I will try to address your question without digging too deep a hole.
1.Carpet cleaning pricing will vary depending on system used, local labor, condition of carpet and expected outcome.If you are talking about HWE (Hot Water Extraction) also known as steam cleaning, it is the slowest and therefore the most expensive. I suggest you check with some local vendors to see what they are charging in your area.
An alternative is to alternate HWE with encapsulation since it is faster and does a very good job for interim type cleaning.Again, you should check your local market to determine a range for your area.“Encap” gives you almost instant results and works well with carpet that is being vacuumed and maintained on a regular basis.
2.Window cleaning will vary with:
• Differentiating between "cleaning" and "washing" since a plate glass window/door (with side panels) can get pricey.
• This includes cleaning trim and taking into account how long between cleaning cycles as well as exposure to elements such as sea air or high dust.
• How many stories we are talking about?Over two or three stories gets pricey and limited to a few window cleaning services.
• Plate glass windows are usually quicker to clean than the small windows for obvious reasons.
• The cost of the small windows with trim probably should be time and materials or an estimated time x the local Burdened Labor Rate.
I hope to hear from you soon.Until then, keep it clean…..
Mickey Crowe has been involved in the industry for over 35 years. He is a trainer, speaker and consultant. You can reach Mickey at 678-314-2171 or CTCG50@comcast.net.