Periodic Cleaning Recommended For Restrooms
Since time is of the essence, it is important that only the tasks that need to be performed on a daily basis are carried out. In most cases, it is not necessary to dust/vacuum air vents, wash walls, descale toilets or scrub baseboards. It is important that by utilizing Quadrant Cleaning that the worker periodically and methodically services areas listed above in order to keep the overall appearance acceptable.
Following are six suggested steps to consider:
1. Set up cart, get supplies and use the appropriate PPE’s (Personal Protective Equipment) as described in prior article. Be sure to place wet floor signs as needed.
2. Using a hand duster (or better still a back pack or canister vacuum cleaner), dust all of the air vents and inspect for washing if necessary.
3. Spray cleaner or disinfectant from bottom to top on a select wall or partition while using a microfiber swivel mop to clean the area from top to bottom. Allow solution to puddle on floor to be picked up as needed.
4. If not already done, pour a mixture of enzyme and water into floor drain. Be careful not to pour disinfectant, drain cleaner, bleach or hot water after the enzyme since it can be neutralized by such processes.
5. Using either a pumice stone or stronger bowl cleaner, de-scale the inside of toilets and urinals to remove hard water/mineral stains. Note that a pumice stone or strong acid should NOT be used on sinks, chrome, stainless steel or other surfaces that can be damaged.
6. Remove liner and totally disinfect the inside to trash cans, sanitary napkin boxes and other areas that require periodic servicing. Allow to dry and replace liners.
Although these suggested tasks do not have to be performed daily they do require periodic work in order to keep the rest room clean and smelling fresh.
Your comments and questions are always welcome. I hope to hear from you soon. Until then, keep it clean…
Mickey Crowe has been involved in the industry for over 35 years. He is a trainer, speaker and consultant. You can reach Mickey at 678.314.2171 or CTCG50@comcast.net.