How To Start A Cleaning Business
What are the basic steps one should take in starting a cleaning business?
First of all, there are many resources available on the Internet, printed magazines and local consultants that can radically benefit your decision to start a cleaning business. Here are some questions and suggestions to consider:
- Why do you want to start a cleaning business? Do you like to clean? Do you like to market? Do you like to take a hard floor and produce a shine? Do you enjoy working on carpet spots and making to look new again?
- What is your experience in cleaning other than your own home? Have you considered working for a cleaning service for period of time to pick up the basics? Do you know how to operate and maintain basic equipment such as vacuum cleaners and floor machines?
- Do you have any certifications or credentials from national agencies that prove you are qualified to provide custodial operations?
- Have you attended any trade shows and conventions that focus on custodial operations?
- How are you going to structure your business? A sole proprietorship? A corporation? A partnership? There are legal and tax implications for each.
- How are you going to find business? Do you know how to market your services? Do you know the going rate for cleaning in your area?
It is important that you be able to address the preceding questions and more to follow before proceeding.
Your comments and questions are important. I hope to hear from you soon. Until then, keep it clean...
Mickey Crowe has been involved in the industry for over 35 years. He is a trainer, speaker and consultant. You can reach Mickey at 678-314-2171 or CTCG50@comcast.net.