Top Five “Spring Cleaning” Tips for Businesses
Cintas Corporation issued a list of the top five tips for business owners and operators to “spring clean” their facilities and revitalize the image of their business. From daily cleaning tasks to deep cleaning floors and restrooms, businesses can embrace the new season as an opportunity to refresh facilities and provide a clean and safe environment for building occupants and visitors.
The five essential spring cleaning tips include:
1. Freshen up facility appearance: Dedicate time this spring to focus on small details. Whether patched and caulk lines need to be redone or bulbs and ballasts need to be replaced, addressing the small issues will improve to the overall appearance and operations of the facility.
2. Focus on flooring: Winter weather results in excessive wear and tear and a dulling of the appearance of flooring. Invest in a deep cleaning service to revitalize tile and carpeting. The combination of high-pressure steam, agitation, heat and extraction removes more dry particulate soil than any other method, helping delay expensive replacement costs and revitalizing floors to a like-new condition.
3. Refresh restrooms: There’s no denying that daily cleaning helps facility managers maintain restrooms. However, dirt and bacteria build-up over time. Address dirty restrooms by implementing a deep cleaning service for restrooms that effectively removes built-up soils by sanitizing all restroom surfaces and fixtures using a high-pressure, chemical injection washer.
4. Clean air conditioning units: Most air conditioning (A/C) units remain dormant throughout the winter. To ensure the best indoor air quality (IAQ) for building patrons, facility managers should complete a comprehensive A/C coil cleaning service. A/C units that are not properly cleaned can lead to lingering odors, allergies, premature unit failure and high energy bills. Completing regular A/C coil cleaning removes dirt, grime and built-up sludge from A/C units to improve IAQ, lower energy bills and extend the life of air conditioning units.
5. Go green with spring: According to a recent Harris Interactive survey, 84 percent of U.S. adults prefer to do business with a company that uses environmentally-friendly products and practices. Select products that are Green Seal certified or meet the requirements for the EPA’s Design for the Environment Program (DfE). In addition, businesses can implement green cleaning methods, including dilution control chemical dispensers and reusable mops or wipes to limit environmental impact.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.