Survey Reveals Occupant IAQ Preferences
Touchpoint disinfection is a priority for many facilities as occupants and employees are being welcomed back on a more frequent basis, but overlooking indoor air quality (IAQ) can lead to just as many setbacks as failing to wipe down hotspots for germs. To get a clearer idea of how important it is to ensure clean air in a facility, Carbon Lighthouse released a study surveying 1,000 millennials and their sentiments/priorities when it comes to returning to facilities, and the economic impacts of having poor air quality.
Among the many interesting findings, a few takeaways include:
• 82 percent of millennials reported feeling safer about returning to the office if real-time information was available on IAQ, accessible via computer or smartphone. 78 percent of those same respondents felt the same way about returning to hotels with real-time IAQ info.
• Nearly two-thirds (65 percent) already utilize air purifiers, devices or smartphone apps to improve IAQ in their own homes.
• Annual certifications verifying high IAQ for facilities would make 27 percent of millennials feel safer about returning to facilities
• 88 percent of millennials expressed willingness to download and use a real-time IAQ data app for a particular facility
• 75 percent will consider IAQ when if they decide to return to the office
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.