Study: Hospitals Spearheading Surface Disinfectant Sales
Surface disinfectants are the synthetic substances that are used for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces such as counterparts, floors, and walls. They kill as well as resist microorganisms, such as fungi, viruses, and bacteria. In the last few years the sales of surface disinfectants have remarkably increased, thanks to improved awareness about the importance of proper health and hygiene. An ESOMAR-certified market research and consulting firm in a study has forecast the trend to continue, enabling the surface disinfectants market to surpass $6.8 billion in 2021
The fundamental factor boosting the surface disinfectants sales is the increasing occurrences of infections around the world, according to a press release from Future Market Insights.
Direction from International associations such as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and International Federation of Infection Control (IFIC) often encourage disinfection to contain the spread of viruses, which will bode well for the market.
High level disinfectants, preferably in liquid form have emerged as top-selling products in the market, which hospitals will continue as the leading end user. The demand from hospitals segment is forecast to surge at a compound annual growth rate above 6.4 percent.
According to Future Market Insights, other key takeaways from the study include:
- The surface disinfectants market will register growth at 8.8 percent compound annual growth rate. Sales are expected to surge amid COVID-19 outbreak.
- The United States will spearhead growth in North America, accounting for maximum sales of surface disinfectants. Increasing healthcare spending will seal the dominance of the United States.
- Presence of a sophisticated healthcare infrastructure catapults the United Kingdom as a lucrative market for surface disinfectants.
- Germany and France will continue exhibiting high demand, thanks to increasing focus on health and wellness.
- Post COVID-19, sales will rise at a remarkable pace in China, Japan, and South Korea.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.