SC Johnson 'Happy Hands' Dispenser Contest Finalists Announced
SC Johnson Professional announced the finalists of its annual Happy Hands dispenser design contest which promotes the importance of handwashing in schools. A record number of submissions were received this year from K-12 students across the US. Artwork themes ranged from inspirational messages to soap that ‘packs a punch’ against germs.
Students compete in two categories for prize packages: elementary (grades K-5) and middle/high school (grades 6-12). The winning design in each category will receive $1,000 for their schools, a $300 gift card for each winning student, and up to 1,000 manual soap/sanitizer dispensers featuring the student’s winning design. The public can vote on its favorite designs daily, now through Feb. 28 at 11:59 p.m. ET at https://happyhands.scjp.com/en-us/vote. The design in each category earning the highest number of votes will win. Winners will be announced by April 1, 2022.
“Students went above and beyond this year with their creativity and imagination,” says Mike Flagg, head of SC Johnson Professional’s North American business. “Each design does an excellent job of showcasing the student’s artistic ability while conveying the importance of hand washing to help prevent the spread of germs in schools.”
Happy Hands contest finalists include:
• Alexis G; 5th Grade; Ida B. Wells APAC; Jackson, Mississippi
• Autumn A; 5th Grade; Brushton-Moira Central School; Brushton, New York
• Griffin B; 5th Grade; Ida B. Wells APAC; Jackson, Mississippi
• Ricardo G; 3rd Grade; W.J.C. Trapp Elementary School; Rialto, California
• Simms P; 5th Grade; Ida B. Wells APAC; Jackson, Mississippi
Middle & High School:
• Anthony D; 8th Grade; Kearney Junior High; Kearney, Missouri
• Ari P; 10th Grade; Ida B. Wells APAC; Jackson, Missouri
• Jackie V; 6th Grade; Carr Intermediate; Santa Ana, California
• Libby C; 9th Grade; Kearney Junior High; Kearney, Missouri
• Peyton S; 7th Grade; Mauldin Middle School; Simpsonville, South Carolina