Products Earn NFSI High-Traction Certification
3M Commercial Solutions Division has received high-traction certification from the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) for several of its Nomad and Safety-Walk branded products. In all, 11 matting products and seven slip-resistant tape and tread products earned the NFSI certification:
• 3M Nomad Medium Traffic Backed Scraper Matting 6050
• 3M Nomad Heavy Traffic Scraper Matting 8100
• 3M Nomad Heavy Traffic Scraper Matting 8150
• 3M Nomad Z-Web Medium Traffic Scraper Matting 6250
• 3M Nomad Z-Web Extreme Traffic Scraper Matting 9100
• 3M Safety-Walk Wet Area Matting 1500
• 3M Safety-Walk Heavy Traffic Wet Area Matting 3200
• 3M Safety-Walk Cushion Matting 5100
• 3M Safety-Walk Cushion Matting 3270
• 3M Safety-Walk Cushion Matting 5270
• 3M Dirt Stop Mat
• 3M Safety-Walk Slip-Resistant Medium Resilient Tapes and Treads 300 series (310, 370)
• 3M Safety-Walk Slip-Resistant Conformable Tapes and Treads 500 series (510, 530)
• 3M Safety-Walk Slip-Resistant General Purpose Tapes and Treads 600 series (610, 620, 630)
“Slips, trips and falls are one of the leading causes of workplace-related injuries,” said Barb LaRock, Business Development Manager, 3M Commercial Solutions Division. “Customers can trust when they use 3M Nomad and Safety-Walk products that they meet the rigorous standards established by the NFSI for high-traction certification.”
For the matting products to qualify for this certification, they were tested for their dry transitional coefficient of friction. In passing this test, the matting products are in compliance with the ANSI/NFSI B101.6-2012 Standard Guide for Commercial Entrance Matting in Reducing Slips, Trips. The slip-resistant tapes and treads were tested for their static coefficient of friction (SCOF) and its their dynamic coefficient of friction (DCOF). In passing these tests, the tape and tread products are in compliance with the ANSI/NFSI B101.1 Test Method for Measuring Wet SCOF of Common Hard-Surface Floor Materials and the B101.3 Test Method for Measuring Wet DCOF of Common Hard-Surface Floor Material.
The National Floor Safety Institute was founded in 1997 as a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to aid in the prevention of slips, trips and falls through education, research and standards development. 3M is a corporate sponsor of NFSI.
For more than 30 years, 3M has been a leader and an innovator in matting and slip-resistant products. With the introduction of the revolutionary “coiled loop” vinyl mat product, 3M continued to innovate and expand and now offers a diverse portfolio of matting products. 3M provides a full range of functional, slip-resistant tapes and treads designed for the safety of people in the workplace. For more information, visit 3M.com/floorsafety.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.