Prevention Tips In Honor Of National Pest Management Month
This April, Braman Termite and Pest Elimination is proud to celebrate National Pest Management Month, a public observance formally recognized each year by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) to acknowledge the pest management industry’s commitment to the protection of public health and property from household pest threats. Additionally, as spring is an especially busy time for pest-related activity, Braman Termite and Pest Elimination encourages home and business owners to take proactive pest-proofing steps in the coming weeks. In southern New England, the most common spring pests include carpenter ants and termites.
“We are proud to be members of an industry which plays an important role in people’s everyday lives and are committed to helping home and business owners protect their properties” said Jerry Lazarus, third-generation owner of Braman Termite and Pest Elimination. “As pests emerge from their overwintering spots, we encourage the public to tackle simple pest-proofing projects that will make a big difference in staving off infestations during the warmer months.”
The following tips are recommended to pest-proof businesses this spring:
• Seal any cracks on the outside of a structure with a silicone-based caulk, including entry points for utilities and pipes.
• Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
• Keep tree branches and shrubbery well-trimmed and away from the structure.
• Inspect fascia and roof shingles for damage. Repair if necessary.
• Keep mulch from making contact with clapboard or shingle siding.
• Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well-ventilated and dry.
• Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
• Avoid leaving pet food dishes out for long periods of time.
• Contact a licensed pest professional if an infestation is suspected.