OSHA Showcases Worker Safety's Role In Sustainability
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), organizations cannot be sustainable without protecting the safety, health, and welfare of their workers.
With that in mind, OSHA has released a new white paper: "Sustainability in the Workplace: A New Approach for Advancing Worker Safety and Health."
This paper highlights the importance of including worker safety and health in the growing movement toward sustainability and corporate responsibility. Sustainability provides a platform for reimagining and identifying innovative approaches for protecting workers by:
• Creating new partnerships to advance integrated OSH and sustainability activities;
• Enhancing interdisciplinary training and education for workers, the OSH community, and business professionals;
• Measuring the impact of safety and health performance on business outcomes;
• Recognizing employers that successfully integrate OSH into sustainability efforts; and
• Improving access to data on safety and health for sustainability reporting.
Download the white paper here.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.