New Faces Make Up Green Clean Schools Committee
Healthy Schools Campaign, a non-profit organization for the advancement of healthy school environments, announced four new members of their Green Clean Schools Steering Committee (formerly known as the GCS Leadership Council).
The Green Clean Schools Steering Committee is comprised of 12 dedicated facility cleaning managers from schools and universities across the country who work with award-winning, pioneering green cleaning programs. These on-the-ground green cleaning leaders have not only helped create healthier and safer educational facilities for their communities, but also they demonstrate a commitment to leading their peers and galvanizing the green cleaning movement.
Members of the GCS Steering Committee volunteer their time to provide valuable input to help Healthy Schools Campaign keep guidelines up to date, present case studies and workshops at our Green Clean Schools events and are available to mentor other managers and personnel who are interested in taking their own green cleaning programs further.
New members of the Green Clean Schools Steering Committee include:
• Tony Almeida, Manager, Custodial Services, Elk Grove Unified School District, Elk Grove, California
• Shawna Cragun, Director of Custodial Services, Davis School District, Davis County, Utah
• Christopher Raines, Custodial Receiving Supervisor, Folsom Lake Community College, Folsom, California
• Aaron Uresti, Assistant Director of Custodial & Housekeeping Services, Facilities Services, University of California, Riverside, California
These new members join the following existing Steering Committee members:
• Steve Ashkin, President, Ashkin Group; CEO, Sustainability Dashboard Tools; Executive Director, Green Cleaning Network
• Mark Bishop, industry constant and advocate for healthy school environments
• Mervin Brewer, Assistant Custodial Supervisor, Salt Lake City School District, Salt Lake City, Utah
• Mike Jones, Director of Custodial Services, Columbia Public Schools, Columbia, Missouri
• Jodi Krause, Assistant Director Housekeeping, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
• Kimberly Thomas, Director, Facilities Management, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
• Keith Webb, Executive Director of Plant Services, Newport News Public Schools, Newport News, Virginia
• Gene Woodard, Director of the Building Services Department, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
To learn more about the new members, click here for a Q&A.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.