ISSA Show North America Innovation Awards Winners Announced
Informa Markets’ ISSA Show North America today announced the recipients of the 2021 ISSA Show Innovation Awards at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas. The Innovation Awards program recognizes the latest advancements for the commercial, institutional, and residential cleaning industry.
“While this past year has been an especially challenging one for the cleaning industry, it has also presented opportunities to innovate and overcome obstacles,” says ISSA Board President Steve Lewis. “This year’s awards recipients are dedicated to bettering the industry and making cleaning safer, more efficient, sustainable, and consistent.”
The recipients of the four Innovation Industry Choice Awards are:
• Distributor Choice Award: Aunt Flow’s Model R Recessed, Free-Vend Menstrual Product Dispenser helps facilities leaders meet demand to provide free period products in restrooms.
• Facility Service Provider Choice Award: Diversey’s MoonBeam3 is an ultraviolet-C (UVC) disinfection technology with three pivoting UVC heads, has a rugged design and is extremely portable. This technology provides the ability to easily and correctly apply UVC energy to both horizontal and vertical surfaces for on-demand disinfection in as little as three minutes.
• Manufacturer Representative Choice Award: Dial Complete Clean + Gentle Antibacterial Hand Soap Refills from Dial Professional, Henkel Consumer Goods Inc. effectively and gently cleanse, hydrate, and care for skin as they clean.
• Residential Cleaning Choice Award: Ecolab Inc.’s Peroxide Multi Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant is an EPA-registered cleaner and disinfectant with a comprehensive claim set that can disinfect surfaces in as fast as three minutes.
The five Innovation of the Year Award Honorees are:
• Flex Scrub from Malish Corp. is a bristled floor pad that blends the familiarity and easy installation of a traditional pad with the robust cleaning power of a brush for a deeper level of cleaning.
• Force of Nature PRO from Force of Nature is an all-in-one cleaner, deodorizer, and disinfectant with no harmful chemicals that is an EPA-registered sanitizer and disinfectant that kills 99.9 percent of germs.
• Simple Check from Core America is an app that utilizes QR codes and cleaning industry checklists to log disinfecting task completion, monitor and validate cleaning efforts, and simplify reporting and log keeping.
• The EZ CARE Floor Care System from SC Johnson Professional is a simple, fast, and economical way to maintain flooring. The patent-pending system delivers an efficient floor care system, saving time and labor costs.
• The PureDri Sanitizing Hand Dryer from Bobrick Washroom Equipment Inc. utilizes UVC technology to neutralize pathogens in the air and on surfaces, purify the air, and dry hands in restrooms.
Tork, an Essity brand, was honored with the Innovation of the Year Award for its Interactive Training for Healthcare. The free interactive training tools address critical hygiene needs of infection control, healthcare, and environmental services professionals.