Healthy School Award Winners Announced
The Healthy Facilities Institute (HFI), in partnership with School Planning and Management and College Planning and Management Magazines, announced the winners of the 2017 Healthy School Awards. Winners were selected by experts based on submitted applications, interviews, and a strong commitment to facility health and practical steps.
The 2017 Healthy School Awards went to:
• Gold ─ Aurora Public Schools, Aurora, Colorado
• Silver ─ Elk Grove USD, Elk Grove, California
• Healthy School Advocate ─ Hawaii Preparatory Academy (HPA), Kamuela, Hawaii
• Birmingham Public Schools (BPS), Birmingham, Michigan
• Clarksville-Montgomery County School System (CMCSS), Clarksville, Tennessee
• Rolla Public Schools, Rolla, Missouri
• Washington School District, Washington, Pennsylvania
Health Factors Assessed Include:
• Indoor Air Quality
• Chemical Exposure
• Water Quality
• Sound Levels
• Cleaning and Disinfecting
• Sanitizing and Foodservice
• Integrated Pest Management
• Ergonomics (musculoskeletal, strains, slips/falls)
Winners will be showcased during a webinar, “30 Days to Healthy Schools at Lower Cost”, that will recognize and share the secrets of the 2017 winners of the Healthy School Awards, and provide simple steps to physical and fiscal health. The session will demonstrate how healthy schools promote learning, savings, and attendance-based funding, and how any school can develop a framework for a healthy facility and budget within 30 days.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.