HFI Forms Educational Partnership with NFSI
The Healthy Facilities Institute (HFI) has formed an educational partnership with the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI). As part of the partnership, HFI will publish information to help NFSI fulfill its mission to “raise floor care to floor safety” and HFI’s mission to make facilities safer and healthier.
“We are gratified that NFSI is willing to work with us as a channel to help educate facility professionals in ways to make their operations more healthful starting right at the ground floor,” said Allen Rathey, founder and president of HFI.
“We are pleased to be associated with a valuable resource such as the Healthy Facilities Institute (HFI),” said Russell Kendzior, president of NFSI. “By enhancing communications to the facilities sector, HFI and NFSI can help reduce the incidence of slips and falls through promotion of the meaning and value of ANSI/NFSI standards.”
These standards include:
• ANSI/NFSI B101.0-2012 Walkway Surface Auditing Procedure for the Measurement of Walkway Slip Resistance
• ANSI/NFSI B101.1-2009 Test Method for Measuring Wet SCOF of Common Hard-Surface Floor Materials
• ANSI/NFSI B101.3-2012 Test Method for Measuring Wet Dynamic COF of Common Hard-Surface Floor Materials (Including Action and Limit Thresholds for the Suitable Assessment of the Measured Values)
• ANSI/NFSI B101.5-2012 Standard Guide for Uniform Labeling Method for Identifying the Wet Static Coefficient of Friction (Traction) of Floor Coverings, Floor Coverings with Coatings, and Treated Floor Coverings
• ANSI/NFSI B101.6-2012 Standard Guide for Commercial Entrance Matting in Reducing Slips, Trips and Falls
Pending or emerging Standards:
• Proposed NFSI B101.2 Test Method for Determining the Impact on Wet Dynamic Coefficient of Friction (DCOF) of Various Chemical or Physical Walkway Surface Treatments.
• Proposed NFSI B101.4 Slip Resistance Specification of Wet Surfaces as Contacted Under Barefoot Conditions (i.e., bathtubs, showers, spas, swimming pool decks, boat decks, etc.)