GBAC Welcomes New Facilities To Its STAR Accreditation Program
The Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) — division of ISSA — announced that additional organizations have committed to accredit their facilities following the recent debut of its GBAC STAR facility accreditation program, according to a press release from ISSA.
GBAC STAR is designed for any size facility — including schools, offices, hotels, airports, assisted care facilities, stadiums and other public venues — to establish a comprehensive system of cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention.
Recently committed facilities include:
- Lincoln Financial Field, home to the NFL’s Philadelphia Eagles
- Staples Center in Los Angeles, home to the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers, the NHL’s Los Angeles Kings and the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks
- Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida
- Georgia World Congress Center Authority: Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta and Savannah Convention Center
- New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
- San Diego Convention Center
- Christ Fellowship Church and its locations throughout South Florida
- The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd., which represents more than 400 hotels in over 80 countries
In addition to these large-scale facilities, small businesses like Puffy’s Tavern in New York and La Coutoure Salon in Palos Park, Illinois, have committed to pursue accreditation for their facilities, illustrating the broad appeal of GBAC STAR in the marketplace. GBAC STAR also has garnered additional support from leading industry organizations, including:
- Society of Independent Show Organizers (SISO) and its more than 195 members that produce over 3,500 events globally
- Freeman + Go LIVE Together, a coalition of leaders from the live events industry that represent more than 4,000 companies with U.S. operations and 112 other countries
- The Infection Prevention Strategy (TIPS), a nonprofit that extends to 30-plus countries and advances innovations, ideas and processes in global health
- Unique Venues and its 1,100 members throughout the United States and Canada
“We’re absolutely thrilled with the response that the GBAC STAR program has received and are excited to welcome a new group of dedicated participants,” says GBAC Executive Director Patricia Olinger. “With more and more organizations committing to follow the GBAC STAR framework, we can create a world that values cleanliness and implements it to the highest degree.”
The industry’s only outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation, GBAC STAR helps organizations establish protocols and procedures, offers expert-led training and assesses a facility’s preparedness for biorisk situations. The program ensures facilities use best practices to limit future outbreaks, empowers cleaning staff to do their jobs safety and effectively and gives customers greater peace of mind.
“Now is the time for businesses of every size to be transparent about the measures they’re taking to protect customers and employees, including proper cleaning and disinfection,” says ISSA Executive Director John Barrett. “GBAC STAR program participants demonstrate their commitment to going the extra mile by implementing prevention and response best practices that support health and safety.”
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.