GBAC STAR Accreditation Boosts Infection Control Practices
Cleaning service providers in Europe and North America are embracing GBAC STAR Service Accreditation from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council, (GBAC), a Division of ISSA. GBAC STAR Service Accreditation provides third-party validation of a building service contractor’s cleaning, disinfection, and infection prevention protocols and procedures.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has required many service providers to reassess their processes and shift their focus to cleaning for health,” says GBAC Executive Director Patricia Olinger. “We are excited to see providers around the world achieve GBAC STAR Service Accreditation, which enables them to help facility customers prepare for, respond to, and recover from outbreaks.”
Last week, the following service providers have earned GBAC STAR accreditation:
• Century Trade Show Services, Inc. in Orlando, Florida is a service company that provides cleaning and sanitizing to trade shows.
• Chamberlaine Cleaning Services Ltd. in London was founded in 1978 and provides professional cleaning services to clients throughout Central London.
• CSI International in Newtown, Pennsylvania. has been providing integrated building services for more than 27 years.
• E-Safe Cleaning Inc. in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada is committed to caring for the planet and its neighbors with environmentally responsible cleaning.
• Facility Concierge Services in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. delivers clean workspaces to help its clients maintain a positive employee experience.
• PBM LLC in New York was founded as a window-cleaning company in 1923 and now offers a full suite of building services and management.
• WellNest, LLC in Falls Church, Virginia. offers evidence-based green cleaning in Northern Virginia with a focus on customer satisfaction.
GBAC STAR Service Accreditation is based on the same 20 program elements as the widely adopted GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation program. The program includes quality management system principles and is similar in approach to other relevant industry programs like ISO 9001, ISO 45001, and ISO 35001.
“Growing interest in GBAC STAR Service Accreditation also supports increased adoption of GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation, as service providers experienced in outbreak response, recovery, and prevention can help facilities gather the necessary documentation and implement the protocols required as part of the accreditation process,” says ISSA Executive Director John Barrett. “Together, these accreditation programs lead to safer facilities and communities.”
Learn more and apply for GBAC STAR Service Accreditation here.