Five Obscure Toilet Facts Everyone Should Know
In honor of the best seat in the house, Cintas Corporation shares five interesting facts about the toilet. The goal is to bring awareness to the struggle of the 2.6 billion people who do not have access to clean sanitation.
1. Did you know that the average person spends three years of his or her life sitting on the toilet?
2. Studies show that the first toilet in a public restroom is generally the cleanest.
3. The average American uses 57 sheets of toilet paper a day, which adds up to 36.5 billion rolls of toilet paper per year.
4. There are more toilets flushed in the U.S. during the Super Bowl halftime show than any other half hour of the year.
5. Pomegranates studded with cloves were used as the first toilet air-fresheners.
“No one pays much attention to the toilet until there is something wrong with it,” said David Collette, Director of Foodservice, Cintas. “Yet the issue of inadequate access to sanitation is a very real problem.”
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.