Emerging Distributor and Supply Chain Trends for 2013
AFFLINK has just released its jansan distributor predictions for 2013. And according to Michael Wilson, Marketing Director for AFFLINK, the predictions focus on emerging trends that the company believes will impact professionals in both the cleaning and building industries.
"Many of the trends will benefit [jansan] distributors and their customers," says Wilson. "It may require some distributors to make changes, especially in their sales processes, but [these changes] are likely to enhance distributor-client relationships, provide cost savings to end customers and build customer loyalty."
Evolving trends include:
• While there are many variables that could impact the economy, for the most part, things seem to be trending in a more positive direction.
• Technology will play a larger role in the entire sales process.
• Distributors will become "solution providers," using technology along with such sales processes as consultative selling to better pinpoint their clients' cleaning and building-related needs.
• End-customer engagement will increase. Due to the recession, tighter budgets, and the goal of operating facilities in a greener, more sustainable manner, end-customers will want more information and more transparency about the products used in their facilities.
• Contrary to some beliefs, personal interactions between distributors and end-customers will grow, not lessen, in importance in 2013; in fact the customer will expect this.
"We also see more distributorships analyzing their entire selling process," says Wilson. "There will be much greater focus in 2013 on finding new ways to improve sales force effectiveness."
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.