Cleaning Rags Ignite At California Nursing Home
A cleaning crew’s laundry mistake almost turned into a dangerous fire at a Eureka, California, nursing facility, according to an article on the KIEM TV website.
Humboldt Bay Fire crews were alerted of a fire in the laundry room at the Granada Rehabilitation and Wellness Center when cleaning rags ignited after being removed from the dryer too soon without cooling off.
The fire sprinkler helped in initial containment, as patients evacuated and Humboldt Bay Fire and an Arcata Fire unit headed to the scene. There was some damage, but no injuries reported.
The fire sprinkler helped in initial containment, as patients evacuated and Humboldt Bay Fire and an Arcata Fire unit headed to the scene. Although there was some damage, there were no injuries.
Humboldt Bay Fire said fabrics needed to go through the cool down phase in the dryer before they are put into piles.
Read the full article here.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.