5 Ways To Command Respect In The Workplace
When it comes to business, respect is vital. Those in leadership positions don't need employees to view them as a friend, but they certainly want to be held in high regard. Respect matters to subordinates, too. After all, it's only human to desire respect from others.
So if respect is so important, how does one ensure that it's commanded? According to Forbes, there are five ways leaders can promote respect in the workplace. Here's a brief summary:
1. Praise employees around others and provide constructive criticism in private.
2. Prioritize hiring workers who are emotionally intelligent, have self control, are adaptable, and treat others with kindness.
3. Promote inclusion and try to prevent "cliques" among employees.
4. Make it known that any harassment will not be tolerated, and that harassment that does take place will be handled correctly.
5. Limit secrets and embrace transparency.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.