Rebecca Barrett, a property maintenance manager from Negaunee, Mich., is one of nine finalists in the 2nd Annual Cintas & Carhartt Cold Crew contest.
Cintas Corporation and Carhartt launched the Cintas & Carhartt Cold Crew contest in September 2012 following this success of the previous year’s contest. The contest targets workers in the U.S. and Canada whose jobs require them to withstand tough conditions in cold temperatures. These individuals were encouraged to share their stories and photos and explain why Carhartt workwear is essential to their jobs.
Barrett is accustomed to working in tough winter conditions, a Cintas release says.
“On a tough, cold day my boss sometimes questions [whether] I’ll even make it into work that day. With Carhartt, I am still able to get my work done efficiently and with the same quality my customers expect from me,” says Barrett.
“This contest is a great reflection of the character of our companies,” says Brad Heizman, Director of Garment Strategy at Cintas Corporation. “Both Carhartt and Cintas are known for providing tough, durable products and quality, dependable service, and we want to recognize the workers who reflect those same characteristics.”
The Cintas & Carhartt Cold Crew grand prize winner will receive an all-expenses-paid trip for two to the 2013 CMA Music Festival from June 6-9 in Nashville, TN.
The other eight finalists are:
• Armand Cournoyer, an electrical inspector from Lorette, MB, Canada
• James Tatem, a arborist foreman from Hooksett, NH
• Amanda Smith, a water and sewer superintendent from Winterport, ME
• Paul Wright, a certified pump operator from Pineville, NC
• Dawn Martin, a cattle rancher from Beulah, ND
• Dave Bensette, a mailman from Tecumseh, ON Canada
• Cynthia Gottwald, a mail carrier from Toronto, ON Canada
• Tim Ahlstrom, a framing contractor from Arvada, CO
Voting will take place through March 31 at the official contest website and one grand prize winner will be selected based on the public’s votes.