- Facility Cleaning Decisions 2014 Reader Survey
- Survey: Management Priorities in 2014 - Member Content
Survey: Staffing Challenges - Member Content
- Survey: How Budgets Affect Departments - Member Content
- Survey: Purchasing Priorities in 2014 - Member Content
- Survey: Green And Sustainable Trends - Member Content
For the last three years, hiring adequate employees has been the top challenge of managers when it comes to staffing — far surpassing inadequate training, retention, tardiness and even exceeding absenteeism. But, in 2014, it seems as though more qualified and dedicated personnel are pursuing custodial operations, and managers are pleased.
In 2013, 49 percent of managers listed hiring adequate staff as their top employee issue, but in 2014, that percentage dropped to just 31. Employee absenteeism took over the top slot.
Challenges aren’t the only staffing topic covered in this section of the survey. Managers also commented on employee certifications and accreditations, advancement opportunities and training requirements.
Lastly, the survey asks managers whether or not they plan to add custodial staff to their department in the next 12 months and how they plan to go about recruiting these individuals.
Survey: Management Priorities in 2014 - Member Content
Survey: How Budgets Affect Departments - Member Content