Bigger Named APPA President
Alan S. Bigger, currently the director of building services at the University of Notre Dame, Ind., was named president of APPA at the annual conference. APPA serves educational facilities professionals, representing more than 1,500 learning institutions and encompassing over 4,700 individuals throughout the U.S., Canada and internationally.
Effective September 16, 2007, Bigger will take the position of director of facilities at Earlham College in Richmond, Ind. An active member of APPA for over 20 years, Bigger recently served as president-elect. He has also served as vice president for professional affairs for over three years, where he worked to improve and enhance APPA’s institutional and individual awards and recognition program and Facilities Management Evaluation Program (FMEP). Bigger has worked diligently to build APPA’s code advocacy initiative involving strategic partnerships with affiliated national associations and code-making bodies.
Housekeeping Solutions, Contracting Profits, Sanitary Maintenance, CleanLink.com and the CleanHound search engine are sponsoring seminars for in-house service providers, building service contractors and distributors at the 2007 ISSA/INTERCLEAN® North America convention and trade show Oct. 23 to 26 in Orlando, Fla.
Sessions are divided into topic tracks including operations, sales, leadership and health, safety and the environment. Speakers and topics include:
• Three Routes to Increased Profitability in Your Contract Cleaning Business by Bob Langedon, CPA
• Basics of Supervision and Quality Control by Mickey Crowe
• If Green is the Solution, Then What is the Problem? by Dr. Lauren Heine
• Public Cross-Contamination: The Cleaning Industry’s Impact in the Most Surprising of Places by Dr. Charles P. Gerba, Ph.D.
• How to Construct a Manageable Budget by Jim Peduto
For more information about the convention and trade show, or additional details on educational seminars, visit www.issa.com/convention.