Cleanlink News | 1/24/2013
Widespread Influenza Epidemic Prompts Tips to Fight Flu
They just work!
SCRUBS® Brand Professional Wipes
Dymon® Brand Professional Cleaners
Nyco Private Branding:
Let Us Help You
Build A Better Brand!
Next Gen Floor Finish
New Durable iXT Technology.
Third party certified.
Cleaning Chemicals & Disinfectants
NEW website at reliablebrand.com
With flu officially reaching epidemic proportions in the U.S. in early January, ITW Professional Brands reminds cleaning professionals that they can make important contributions to slow the spread of the virus.
“According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were flu deaths reported in 122 U.S. cities and it’s a flu that’s making people sicker than previous strains,” said ITW Professional Brands Director of Sales and Marketing Rich Bucher. “Professional cleaners play a significant role in the fight against this virus. Cleaners must be vigilant in cleaning and disinfecting public spaces to prevent the spread of influenza.”
Cleaning professionals are reminded to:
1) Disinfect surfaces in high-traffic areas: To reduce the spread of viruses, ensure that high-touch surfaces such as door handles, desks, keyboards and phones are disinfected regularly. Use a true disinfectant, at the proper dilution and dwell time, and increase the cleaning frequencies on high-touch surfaces during the flu season to protect guests and staff against infection.
2) Deep clean restrooms: Whether it’s in a facility or in a food-service setting, the buildup of harmful microorganisms in restrooms can easily transfer to a person’s hands and cause illness. Thoroughly disinfect restroom surfaces, deep clean in all corners and disinfect grout lines, walls, sinks, faucets and toilets.
3) Know the difference between cleaning and disinfecting: Cleaning removes visible soil, dirt, stains and other debris from surface, while disinfecting destroys viruses, bacteria, germs and other harmful microorganisms. Focusing on disinfecting during times of elevated illness transmission is important in controlling the spread of viruses.
4) Encourage the use of pre-moistened wipes in break rooms: Providing pre-moistened wipes in break rooms and other areas of a building reduces the chance of cross-contamination in areas where employees gather each day.
5) Promote clean hands: Encouraging frequent hand washing is the single-most effective method for reducing the spread of the flu among guests and employees. When soap and water are not available, alcohol-based gel sanitizers and pre-moistened hand sanitizing wipes are good options. Pre-moistened wipes also offer the added benefit of removing soil-attracting biofilm from hands.
In addition to getting a flu shot, the CDC also recommends people to avoid close contact with others who are sick, cover their nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing, and stay home from work after contracting the flu to prevent its spread on the job. For more flu-stopping tips, click here.
MOST READ NEWS
Study: Hot Water Unnecessary for Handwashing - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
Five Tips To Maintaining Gym Mats - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
Six Tips on the Safe Handling of Cleaning Chemicals - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
Study: Electric Hand Dryers vs. Paper Towels - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
Top Ten Mistakes When Stripping Floors - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
Study: Public Toilet Is Cleaner Than The Average Cell Phone - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
Study Reveals Hand Sanitizer Efficacy - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
Four Keys To Effective And Efficient Cleaning - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
WHITE PAPER: What's The Most Contaminated Object In Public Restrooms? - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
Grainger Hosts Orlando Trade Show - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news