5 Insights When Evaluating Cleaning Equipment - Sponsored Learning
Tips for Wearing a Backpack Vacuum Cleaner Properly
Some professionals in the cleaning industry considered backpack vacuums a novelty when manufacturers first introduced them more than a decade ago. But today, many cleaning professionals prefer them because of their versatility and how they can speed up worker productivity.
However, to take advantage of all these benefits, it is important to know how to wear a backpack vacuum cleaner properly.
For this reason, Powr-Flite offers the following tips for wearing a backpack vacuum cleaner properly:
• Slide your arms through the appropriate shoulder straps; if right-handed, grab the harness and pick up the backpack with your right hand. This allows for better control when lifting and can help reduce strain.
• With the machine on your back, lift the vacuum so it is on or slightly above your hips before adjusting the strap around your waist. This is how you should wear the backpack.
• If you are right-handed, leave the right shoulder strap slightly looser than the left; this will free up your right arm, making vacuuming easier to perform.
• Be sure the shoulder straps are tight but comfortable; if they are too loose, the machine will slide around on your back, making it uncomfortable to wear.
• Avoid bending over while wearing the backpack. With some machines, tools and attachments are designed to be worn on a belt, within easy reach, so no bending or stooping is necessary.
"Recent design advances of the harnesses used to wear a backpack have made them much more comfortable to wear," says Eric Hickman, a Product Manager with Powr-Flite. "This can help reduce fatigue, improving worker performance and productivity significantly."
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.