Cleanlink News | 1/23/2013
Three Tips To Care For Carpet Tiles
Achieve More with ProTeam
ProTeam helps improve productivity
with innovative efficiency solutions
The Ultimate Time Machine
Sanitaire SC3700 is quiet.
Use 24/7 to save time/money.
The tool you need, when you need it.
Commercial hoses and attachments to help you get the job done right.
Carpet tiles first became a significant product in the U.S. floor covering industry during the mid-1950s and by the 1970s, they were being installed much more extensively in both residential and commercial settings.
The key benefits of carpet tiles include:
• Relatively low purchase and installation costs compared to other types of floor coverings
• Sustainability (today’s carpet tiles are often made of recycled materials, even recycled plastic bottles)
• Ease of removal and replacement. If an area becomes excessively soiled or worn, one or more tiles can simply be removed and replaced
However, carpet tiles do require some special care. Because of this, U.S. Products offers the following tips to help cleaning professionals care for peel-and-stick, glued, and similar types of carpet tiles so that they can provide years of quality service:
• Regular effective vacuuming is essential. Vacuuming removes soils and also helps to reduce the “flattening” of tiles, which can be an issue.
• Spills should be cleaned quickly. First blot the area with a clean, white cloth; semi-solid spills should be scraped up before blotting.
• Spots should be removed as soon as they are noticed; many of the spotting products used to remove spots from conventional carpets can also be used on carpet tiles. As with all carpets, hot-water extraction is required periodically to deep clean carpet tiles.
“Cleaning professionals have to take some precautions when cleaning carpet tiles,” says Mark Baxter, Engineer and Product Manager for U.S. Products. “Avoid [using] too much moisture during cleaning, use solvent spotters sparingly, and if using a rotary extraction tool, make sure the carpet remains lubricated with cleaning solution during use.”
MOST READ NEWS