Slip-and-Fall Prevention Report Released
The National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI), in partnership with CNA Insurance, released "New Techniques to Control Slips and Falls in Public Places." According to the report, slips and falls in public places are the leading cause of premises liability injuries, which are the legal responsibility of the property owner/manager. The goal of the report is to provide facility owners/managers with preventative measures.
Some information covered in the report:
- A classic approach to slip-and-fall prevention - identifying the cause and eliminating the hazards
- Identifying factors that influence slip resistance
- Case studies and success stories
- Recommendations to lower the risk of slip-and-fall incidents
- Accident investigation - limiting the facilities liability and claim costs
Click here to view this full report.