Kimberly-Clark Professional Launches Cost-Savings Program
Cost savings. It’s on everyone’s minds and virtually every business is trying to find new ways to save money and reduce costs. In fact, a recent online industry poll by Kimberly-Clark Professional has found that:
• 100 percent of respondents said they were focused on saving money in 2009.
• 72 percent of respondents expect to cut operating supplies in 2009 in an overall effort to reduce costs.
• 41 percent reported being worried about losing their jobs if they could not find ways to save their companies money.
• 94 percent were more willing to work with a company that brings forth cost-savings measures.
Kimberly-Clark Professional has responded to these concerns by introducing a free program, with online tools to help customers reduce costs by selecting products that perform better and last longer. The program also provides guaranteed savings if customers switch to select products for 60 days.
“In the current economic climate we know that businesses need every advantage to remain competitive,” said Richard Thorne, vice president of Kimberly-Clark Professional North America. “We share the cost-control objectives of our customers and have developed a program to help drive down costs and accelerate efficiencies to boost performance and reduce unnecessary expenditures.”
The “Cost Savings Tune Up” program is available as a free brochure or CD or online. It features a set of simple scenarios to help customers determine which products are right for them. It also offers a “toolbox” of interactive tips, tools and savings recommendations, including:
• Diagnostics and Recommendations - By answering questions about current product usage and needs, the Cost Savings Tune Up program helps customers replace old technologies with newer, more efficient cost-savings tools. This feature helps customers avoid unnecessary fees and hidden charges and helps them determine if they are using the right product for the task. For instance, using a heavy-duty wiper for a light-duty task may needlessly add to costs, while using a light-duty wiper for a tough task may result in excessive use, which also increases expenditures.
•Additional Interactive Tools – The Cost Savings Tune Up program offers other interactive tools to help customers fine-tune product selections and reduce costs, such as an online calculator that helps customers select the most cost-efficient wiper for the task. The tools also include a Green Meter for washroom products. This interactive, comparative tool calculates potential savings and the reduced environmental impact of specific products on fiber consumption, energy, water consumption and solid waste generation.
•Cost-Saving Tips – The program also offers money-saving tips and information from a recent industry poll on the economy.
• Guaranteed Savings – In addition to these benefits, Kimberly-Clark Professional is guaranteeing between 5 and 20 percent in cost savings if customers replace rags, shop towels or existing wiping products with qualifying WypAll wipers for 60 days. Guaranteed savings are also being offered if customers switch for 60 days to select roll towel, coreless bath tissue and foam soap offerings.
• Free Site Needs Analysis – A site needs analysis is also being offered free to all customers. These personalized evaluations can identify ways to control costs and increase overall performance. A site needs analysis can also help increase efficiencies and reduce waste.
• Giveaways – In conjunction with certain purchases, Kimberly-Clark Professional is also offering customers Free Jumbo Roll WypAll Wipers dispensers.
“We want our customers to realize that they are not alone in their quest to reduce costs in this tough economy,” adds Thorne. “This program is designed to assist them in these efforts and provide the greatest value for every expenditure they make with us. We believe we can weather these difficult times together and come out of this stronger than ever.”
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.