ISSA Selects Cleaning Industry Management Standard Case Study Participants
ISSA selected 24 building service contractors and in-house cleaning departments, from the United States and Canada, to participate in the Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS) Certification Case Study Program.
The 24 organizations that have been selected will be the first to undergo individual assessments in hopes of becoming certified to the cleaning industryís new consensus-based management Standard. ISSA will then promote those organizations who achieve certification in specialized marketing case studies, targeting the purchasing and facilities management communities.
"We are pleased with the overwhelming interest we have received from organizations of all sizes regarding the Case Study Program," said Dan Wagner, ISSA Standards Development Manager, "Plus, despite the fact that certification is not currently available beyond the selected case studies, we are already receiving applications from groups who want to be first to certify once we officially open the program to the industry in general this fall."
The organizations selected to participate in the CIMS Certification Case Study Program represent a cross-section of various sized organizations and geographic locations. Participants range from having as few as 20 full-time equivalents (FTEs) to 5,000 FTEs, and service a broad spectrum of facility types.
"Our intent was to select organizations that can help us understand how CIMS can be implemented in small to very large organizations, as well as in different facility service settings," said Wagner. Those selected include schools, universities and BSCs who service commercial, industrial, health care and public facilities.
Case study participants include:
• Bee-Clean Building Maintenance: Edmonton, AB
• Better Business Cleaning, Inc.: Louisville, CO
• Horizon Services Corporation: East Hartford, CT
• IBS Services Group: New York, NY
• IH Services: Greenville, SC
• KIMCO Corp.: Norridge, IL
• K-Tech Kleening Systems: Weston, WI
• Magic Touch Cleaning: Leeís Summit, MO
• McFarland Hanson, Inc.: Anoka, MN
• Mid-American Cleaning Contractors: Columbus, OH
• Omni Facility Services: Southfield, MI
• P & R Enterprises: Falls Church, VA
• Pacific Building Care: Irvine, CA
• Portland Habilitation Center: Portland, OR
• Pro Clean Building Maintenance: Altamonte Springs, FL
• Rhino Cleaning Company: Reading, PA
• Riverside Local School District: Painesville, OH
• Scarlet and Gray Cleaning Service: Cincinnati, OH
• ServiceForce USA, LLC: Dulles, VA
• UNICCO: Newton, MA
• University of Guelph: Guelph, ON
• University of Michigan: Ann Arbor, MI
• Varsity Contractors: Pocatello, ID
• Vonachen Services, Inc.: Peoria, IL
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.