IEHA Releases the Master's Program
The Board of Directors of the International Executive Housekeepers Association (IEHA) recently met and approved the program framework for two new prestigious IEHA educational designations, Master Certified Executive Housekeeper (Master CEH) and Master Registered Executive Housekeeper (Master REH).
These credentials are designed to raise awareness of the knowledge, professionalism and skill levels achieved by designation holders, and to highlight their premier role as leaders and educators within IEHA and the housekeeping field.
“Just as a master's degree is an academic recognition granted to persons that have undergone a course of study showing mastery of a specific field of professional practice or study, IEHA's Master's Program will be for IEHA’s elite members committed to continuous improvement and propagating professionalism,” says IEHA CEO/Executive Director Beth Risinger.
Through a reciprocal arrangement, IEHA will work with Master designation holders in order to benefit themselves and all IEHA members by promoting the collective knowledge of these most experienced and accomplished members of IEHA through educational initiatives and mentorship.
Interested CEH and REH members wishing to pursue this additional designation must meet the following requirements:
• Must be Certified (CEH) or Registered (REH) for 5 consecutive years or more.
• Must have at least 8 years of management experience.
• Provide 3 written letters of recommendation by peers noting job performance and contributions personally made to a facility, IEHA Chapter or in the betterment of the industry that will be reviewed by the IEHA Education Committee.
• CEH applicants should provide a 1,500-word essay based on a topic of your choice, highlighting an area of your expertise (examples: infection prevention, floor care, green cleaning, pest control, etc.), which will also be reviewed by the Education Committee.
• REH applicants should provide a 2,000-word essay based on a topic of your choice highlighting an area of your expertise (examples: infection prevention, floor care, green cleaning, pest control, etc.), which will also be reviewed by the Education Committee.
• $375.00 application fee. $25.00 of the application fee will be donated to the IEHA Educational Foundation and will be used exclusively for the enrichment of IEHA educational materials and its members.
The Education Committee will review all submitted materials within 60-days, and make their official recommendation for approval of the Master designation for qualified members. Those members will then be allowed the use of “Master” within their professional title. An official letter of introduction will be printed in Executive Housekeeping Today in recognition of their achievement. Master designees will also receive the following benefits:
• Personalized Master CEH or REH plaque
• Master CEH or REH Certificate
• Administrator letter of achievement notification
• Listed as an IEHA Member expert media contact
• Be included in multiple industry-wide press releases
• Bio listed on IEHA.org
• Authorship opportunities
• Mentorship and growth opportunities
For more information, and to download the Master CEH or Master REH application, click here.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.