Becoming a Better Manager
Regardless of the position you hold, it is always important to stay on top of your game. Ongoing training and finding ways to better yourself and your company/department will ultimately make you a better manager. About Management released 10 things managers can do to better themselves.
1. Select the best people - After all, you are only as good as the people on your team.
2. Be a motivator - Determine what your employees want and work with them to achieve those goals.
3. Build your team - Two people are always better than one. Work with your team to accomplish the group's objective.
4. Be a leader, not only a manager - Provide direction for your employees and lead them through to the completion of a task.
5. Improve as a communicator - Master the skill of communicating your vision so employees understand what you want from them.
6. Get better t managing money - Understand every aspect of your business and become organized.
7. Get better at managing time - There is never enough time in the day to get everything done. Work with your team to outline what needs to be done when to keep everything on track.
8. Improve yourself - Identify your weaknesses and find ways to improve them.
9. Practice ethical management - Learn from companies who have made mistakes and use what you learned to improve your business.
10. Take a break - You are less effective when you are over-stressed. Remove yourself from the situation. When you return, you will be more rational and ultimately more productive.
As mentioned in the article, "management is a skill that can be learned. You can improve as a manager by working every day to get better."
Read this full article here.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.