BOMA Celebrates Earth Day with 40 Green Strategies
In honor of the 40th anniversary of Earth Day on April 22, the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International has released a list of 40 earth-friendly tips to help commercial real estate professionals optimize building performance. From recycling to energy management to sustainable landscaping, these tips provide low-cost solutions to green buildings and reduce operating costs.
"BOMA has a long-standing commitment to helping building owners and managers reduce energy use and implement environmentally-sound operational practices," remarked BOMA International Chair James A. Peck, RPA, FMA, senior director of asset services, CB Richard Ellis. "These 40 tips will help commercial real estate professionals maximize energy efficiency, green their building operations and do right by the environment in a way that positively affects the bottom line."
Here are just ten of the 40 green tips that BOMA encourages building owners and operators to adopt this Earth Day and every day:
1. Benchmark energy consumption through ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager
2. Install occupancy sensors
3. Landscape with perennial plants
4. Harvest rainwater for landscaping
5. Use recycled material in restroom paper products
6. Work with vendors who have recycling programs
7. Include sustainability tips in monthly newsletters
8. Install bicycle racks in the garage
9. Ensure that your janitorial service uses green cleaning products
10. Develop a preventative IAQ management program
See all 40 tips.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.