Cleanlink News | 11/7/2012
IICRC Elects 2012-2013 Board of Directors
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) announced the 2012-2013 board of directors and executive committee during its October shareholders meeting in Vancouver, Wash.
The nominations committee received 33 nominations for the board for the 15 positions on the board of directors. The nominating committee then met with each nominee to discuss individual interest in the position. The elected 2012-2013 board of directors is:
• Dennis Blake
• Jenny Boymal
• John Downey
• Pete Duncanson
• Craig Jasper
• David Keiter
• Norm Maia
• Lonnie McDonald
• Patrick Moffett
• Darrell Paulson
• Rod Paulson
• Kevin Pearson
• Hank Unck
• Bill Weigand
• Tony Wheelwright
Paul Pearce will also remain on the board of directors serving as the past chairman. Additionally, two honorary board members were submitted and approved: Chris Netherton Jr. and Charles Rollins.
Darrell Paulson was re-elected chairman of the IICRC board of directors. In this capacity, Paulson will also serve as chairman of the executive committee. The IICRC executive committee includes: Craig Jasper, first vice president; Pete Duncanson, second vice president; Tony Wheelwright, international vice president; Norm Maia, chairman of the Certification Council; Lonnie McDonald, treasurer; Hank Unck, secretary.
Patrick Winters will continue to serve as the IICRC president.
"I'm honored to have been re-elected by my peers, along with 14 other outstanding industry professionals," said Chairman Darrell Paulson. "During the next year, we will focus on refining and implementing our programs to meet the needs of our registrants, instructors and Certified Firms."
At the October meeting, awards were presented to recognize the IICRC volunteers who have helped build and guide the organization throughout the years. The following individuals were honored:
• Keith Williams Award: Judson Jones (deceased)
• Ed York Founders Award: Ed (deceased) and Wanda York
• Appreciation Award: Mike West, Certification Council chair, 1989-1991
• Appreciation Award: Larry Cooper, Certification Council chair, 1991-1992
• Appreciation Award: Eric Rottmeister, Certification Council chair, 1992-1995
• Appreciation Award: Jeff Bishop, Certification Council chair, 1995-2003
• Appreciation Award: Joe Dobbins, Certification Council chair, 2003-2008
• Appreciation Award: Barry Costa, Certification Council chair, 2008-2011
• Appreciation Award: Jim Holland, standards chairman, 2009-2012
• Appreciation Award: Joey Picket, upholstery and fabric cleaning technician chair, 2004-2012
• Appreciation Award: Janet Dobbins, exam chair, 2007-2012
• Appreciation Award: Robert Daniels, Inspection Division chair, 2010-2012
• Appreciation Award: Scott Mims, Restoration Division chair, 2009-2012
The IICRC also awarded certificates of appreciation to technical advisory chairs who have been in their current positions for more than five years, including: Ron Valega, health and safety chair; Sandy Bowles, fire and smoke chair; Lindell Lummer, marble and stone inspector chair; and Tony Macaluso, odor control technician chair.
MOST READ NEWS
Top Ten Mistakes When Stripping Floors - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
Five Trends Impacting the Cleaning Market - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
Slippery Floors: Why They Happen And Tips To Prevention - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
Five Tips To Maintaining Gym Mats - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
Tips to Keep VCT Flooring Looking Great - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
Advantages To Maintaining A Clean Workplace - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
Six Tips on the Safe Handling of Cleaning Chemicals - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
Seven Tips To Cleaning Ceramic Flooring - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
Ten Reasons to Have Carpets Cleaned Year Round - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news
WHITE PAPER: Terrazzo Makes A Comeback — Maintenance Tips For Cleaners - Commercial cleaning management and janitorial supply news