Readers Of This Article, Also View:
How One School District Improved Custodial Operations Effectiveness - Sponsored Learning
- How To Spot Green Floor Maintenance Equipment
- Ride-on Floor Scrubbers Vs. Walk-behind Floor Scrubbers
- When Cleaning With Water Only Works — And When It Doesn’t
- Green Floor Cleaning With Recycling Carpet Extractor Machines
Maintenance Tips For Commercial Floor Cleaning Equipment
Green clean using the Multi-Task
patented dilution control system
Karcher Floor Care
Innovative cleaning solutions.
Full line of floor care equipment.
The Power to Shine!
Reliable Floor Cleaning Batteries
Click ad for more info
Green Cleaning Saves $
3rd Party Certified Products
OM1 Series Green Cleaners
Exceptional Performance, Safely
Responsible. Powered by OMNIA™.
What maintenance tips do you have for floor cleaning equipment?
There are five areas to maintain on both types of machines.
- Recovery tanks should be emptied and rinsed. Clean shut-off filters and then leave lids off so that they can air dry.
- Solution tanks should be emptied as well. Leaving solution in the tank will gum up filters and affect performance.
- Brushes/pads should be cleaned and rinsed after each use.
- Vacuum ports and squeegees should be cleaned after use before soils dry.
- Jets should be maintained regularly so that they spray evenly. Soak them in a mixture of vinegar and water overnight to keep down mineral deposits.
- Richard “Bo” Bodo, Director of Business Development, Windsor Industries, Englewood, Colo.
There are three primary maintenance steps that should be performed after using automatic cleaning equipment. First and foremost, drain the dirty water and rinse out the dirty water recovery tank. This will help to control odors and prevent buildup in the tank. Next, always rinse and clean the squeegee assembly or vacuum shoe. Dirt and soil always collect in these areas and a neglected squeegee will very quickly cause problems with the ability of the machine to leave a clean and dry floor. Lastly, the scrubbing brush or scrubbing pad should be cleaned or replaced. This will ensure that the machine is always performing at its maximum potential.
- Paul Lewandowski, Equipment Product Manager, Betco Chemical Corporation, Toledo, Ohio